A VIEW PLACES LEFT
The Sustainable Fashion Doctoral Colloquium provides doctoral students the opportunity to present their work to senior faculty and engage with one another in a setting that is relatively informal but that allows for the fullest of intellectual exchanges. Students receive feedback on their research from Professor Cosette Armstrong, Professor Ulla Ræbild, Lecturer Claudia Henninger, Professor Kirsi Niinimäki and student peers.
Applications to participate in the Doctoral Colloquium are encouraged from doctoral students in the sustainable fashion field. We are seeking broad representation under topic sustainable fashion. Possible topics include, but are not limited:
1. Design for longevity
2. Design for services
3. Design for re-use in manufacture
4. Design for material recovery
Location: Aalto University, Hämeentie 135C, Helsinki, Finland
To apply for Doctoral Colloquium
Submit by 16th of September to email@example.com
– A research summary of your work (1000 words)
– A brief description of your research stage
– Your name
– Phone number
(Notification of acceptance by 20th of September. Places are limited.)
For participating students accepted in the colloquium
– Short presentation of your research
– Questions you would like to ask of doctoral colloquium mentors, either formally in the panel or informally during the day. They are here for you; seize the opportunity.
– A peer opponent statement
– A poster of your work, which will be exhibited in the Sustainable Fashion in a Circular Economy: Seminar (click here to view detailed instructions).